Friends Friday: Laura of Laura's Little Book Blog


I’m very happy to welcome you on my blog! You can please introduce yourself to my readers.

Hi! Thanks so much for having me on your blog Isabell J. My name is Laura and I blog over at Laura’s little book blog. It goes without saying that I am an avid reader and I didn’t think it was possible, but I think my love of books has grown even more since I started my blog. As much as I would like reading to be a full-time occupation, it sadly doesn’t pay for my love of books so I work in London as a Marketing Executive.


Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging / reviewing?

You can find me over at my blog, www.lauraslittlebookblog.blogspot.co.uk. It’s a bit of a long winded blog name, but I just couldn’t come up with any cool blog names that hadn’t already been taken. And anyway, it does what it says on the tin lol. I have been blogging for almost a year now. I started at the end of May last year and it was honestly one of the best things I ever did. I didn’t even realise that what a fantastic booking community I would become a part of, and I didn’t for a second imagine that my blog would be the least bit successful!


What’s the best and worst thing about being a book reviewer?

Ooh there’s lots of best things, so will list them all.

1. As said above, the community of book lovers and authors I have met since I started reviewing.

2. The sense of satisfaction I get when publishing a review and sharing it with the author and making them happy.

3. OK so not going to lie, but getting the odd book here and there before it is published to review is pretty awesome!

4. This is linked with the above, but BOOK POST! Whether it’s my own or from an author/publisher, nothing can contain my excitement when the post arrives. I even text whoever is at home whilst I’m at work asking them if there has been any post lol.

And the worst things..thankfully the best things outweigh the worst.

1. The pressure to read a book quickly.

2. The ever growing TBR pile can get a bit much at times!


Do you judge a book by it’s cover?

I know it’s really bad, but I do! If I don’t like the look of the cover, it is highly unlikely that I even read the synopsis let alone the whole book.

Which book character would you switch places with?

Totally clichéd but definitely Hermione Granger. I want to be in the wizarding world and be as clever as her!

Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?

Yes, but this has only ever happened once. The book was Stardust by Neil Gaiman and I just preferred the movie interpretation to the book. The book seemed to go off on a tangent a bit, whereas the movie made complete sense.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

Whilst they each have their individual benefits, my much preferred format are paperbacks. I love the smell of a book, I love how pretty/awesome the covers are and how you can proudly put them on your book shelf. I like to physically turn the pages and you can read them in any light and are easy to carry around with you. I just don’t quite get the same enjoyment whilst reading a book if it’s an ebook.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

YES! Well I’m being greedy but there are two authors I would really like to meet. They are Hannah Beckerman, author of The Dead Wife’s Handbook and Aven Ellis, author of Connectivity and Waiting For Prince Harry. Hannah is definitely the social media queen and is so lovely and genuine, I loved her debut novel and would love some of her amazing talent to wash off on me lol. And Aven. Ah I love Aven! She is such an awesome lady. She’s like my faux Mom and I love getting emails from her and chatting to her. It would just be fantastic to meet her in person.

Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

I can’t say I given anything away, but I am always recommending and buying books to my family. I did give Fractured by Dani Atkins to my Auntie and my Nanny and they loved it. I am also always trying to get my Mum to buy more books.

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions Laura. It was great to have you on my blog! Who will be next? Come and see next friday. 


0 Kommentare