Dreaming With Open Eyes is back to book blogging

Hello woderful people and readers of Dreaming With Open Eyes

I'm happy to share some good news with you. My blogging break is officially over! After being away for almost 2 and a half months I'm finally back. I’ve missed blogging so, so much.It's so good to be back with you. I hope you all remember me ;) I'm looking forward to go back to the things I love. Reading and Blogging! So let me tell you how I've been in the past few weeks. On this part, I unfortunately have not such good news.

I went on a blogging break because of my final exams to complete my media designer apprenticeship. During my preperation for the exams a few unexpected things happend which completely pulled the rug out from under my feet. I'm not sure if this is the right place to share this with you but I thought a long time about this. I think I can tell you what happend in the past weeks because you all are a wonderful understanding and supportive community. I'm not much going into detail. It's about a mothers health condition. My mother has been fighting cancer for the last fifteen years (diagnosed with breast cancer twice). She was always strong and a fighter, so she won this fight every time. With the years her condition became better and better and she had no more carcinogen in her body. A few months ago she had to do new tests. The results came in, and I'm saddened to tell that my mom has been diagnosed with cancer again. They found metastases on her spine and rips. From the present point of view, there are lukily good news to tell. The doctors have hope that they can get in under control with a hormones therapy. For now, we hope for the best. I know she is strong, she will make it through another time. All of this happened just a few weeks before my final exams. I was shattered and I couldn’t concentrate on my studying anymore, at least not as much as originally I planned. Therefore the exams didn’t go so well as I hoped. I’ve written eight written exams in total. Some went really well and some were a disaster. I hope it will be enough to make it through and pass it in the end. The exams are not completely over yet. A practical exam in July is still a head of me. At the end of July I'll receive my official results. Cross your fingers!



Under these circumstances I did not read a lot. I missed reading so much. I managed to read several short stories in my absence. There were some I truly loved like The Little Things by Jane Costello or In a New York Minute by Claudia Carroll. My 2015 progress is 29 books (here you can see which ones I read). I'm happy I'm still on track with reading goal (65 books). I know it's not much compared to what all of you are reading but I'll do it my way. It was lovely to see I was not completely forgotten. A few authors got in touch and sent me review copies of books I was desperatly waiting for. Thank you so much! When things started to get better I picked up full length novels again and I'm excited to share my reviews with you soon. While I was away I tried to keep up with your updates and blog posts but I'm sure I missed loads. I'm looking forward to get in touch with you to hear how you have been.

I do hope you’ll stop by and read my thoughts, again.

4 Kommentare

  1. Isabell, it's SO lovely to have you back in the blogging world. I told you nobody would forget about you, didn't I ;) Here's to lots and lots of amazing books! But I am so so so saddened to hear the news about your mum, my heart and thoughts go out to you, her and your family. I wish her every success in beating this horrific disease. She sounds like a remarkably strong lady, as are you. I'm sorry to hear your exams didn't go as well as you'd hoped but life DEFINITELY gets in the way of these things sometimes. But I bet you'll have surprised yourself when your results come though! Fingers and toes crossed for you :) Lots of love! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see that you're back. I will keep my fingers crossed for your exam results. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum, a big hug and I'm sending positive thoughts your way. If you ever want to chat I'm here. Lots of love Suze xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, Isabell! Sorry to hear about your mom- I don't think anyone performs well under those circumstances academically. Best of luck with the rest of your exams, and I hope your mother feels better soon!
    ~Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, what a difficult time you've been having. You must tell the university so that they can factor it all in when reviewing your exam results. Promise me you'll do that! And I send positive thoughts and best wishes to your mother and family. Jan xx

    ReplyDelete