Monthly Favourites: February 2015


 

My new feature Monthly Favourites goes into the second round. If you missed my favourites of January, click here. Every month I share a selection of the posts of several things I loved! This idea is inspired by Lifestyle blogs who are sharing their favourite products every month. I absolutely adore that idea. This is the perfect opportunity to me to give my blog a personal touch. I'm looking forward to share more personal things with you that have kept me happy this month. If you have any improvement suggestions for the categories or anything else, I'd be happy to hear from you.



Books I read in February

When First They Met by Debbie Macomber
On Solid Ground by Melissa Collins
The Green Hills of Home by Emma Bennet
First Time in Forever by Sarah Morgan
Rachel Does Rome by Nicola Doherty

Currently reading

The Lie by C.L. Taylor






Healthy Living

Everyone who remembers my 2015 resolution post (click here if you’d like to see it again) will know I want to tackle goals I have set myself a long time ago but never lived them up. One of these goals is to change my life style completely. Eat heathy food, do workouts and lose weight. This is not temporary decision, it’s a decision for a lifetime. My first step was to sign up at a online gym. I know that’s unusual but it’s great. A perfect alternative for people like me who don’t have enough money to sign up at the gym. They offer a lot of live courses and workout videos on demand. I can do them easily at home without going to the gym. All I need is a good internet connecntion.

Only after about 3 weeks of training (3 or 4 times a week between 1-2) I can feel how much body is changing. I feel much fitter and I have lots of more energy. After my workout I feel exhausted but very happy. There is not much change on the scale yet. I know I have to be patient. I know things will progress slowly. My body needs to adapt to the new situation. One day my pounds will shed easily.

This week I had not the energy to do any training. I did not feel good at all. Either physically nor mentally. Physically because of my period. During these days I have horrible cramps and I can’t concentrate on anything. I take painkiller to make me feel better but they also make me feel very weak and tired. That’s why I am only concentrating on my heathy food this week. Mentally because I got badly hurt by someone I really liked. It’s been a few years since I broke up with my ex-boyfriend. I really miss having someone by my side. I can tell you, I’m ready to fall in love again. I thought I found someone I could fall in love with but things turned out so different. Men can be fucking dickheads. I was seeing him for a while (we were not together, just in the "get to know each other" stage). I really enjoyed being with him and I thought he liked me too. All of sudden he sent me a text in the beginning of the week said that he can't see me anymore. He needs to get clear about a lot of things in his life and he still loves his ex-girlfriend. You can imagine who this had hurt. Even he is a dick, I'm still thinking about him. I know he is not worth it. I'm feeling better day by day. It's his loss not mine. Thanks god I have good friends I can talk to and cheer me  up to make it all more bearable. Thank you for being there for me!





Living healthy and loosing weight does not only mean to doing workouts, it also means changing your eating habbits. I don’t eat carbohydrates anymore. Well, I try to avoid them as much as I can. If I eat them, only the heathy ones like food with wholemeal. I cook or bake everything myself so I can be really sure what's in it and I don't have to rely on nutritional information on the packaging. Living a low carb diet requires a lot of research and planning. Every weekend I write my meal plan for the upcomming week and go shopping for the food. Sometimes it can be complicated and time-consuming as well but it will be all worth it in the end. The change of habbits is not as easy as it sounds. My body is carving for carbohydrates, especially in the evening. I takes lots of will power to make it through every day. I'm mixing my meals as much as I can so I don't get bored with my food.
Here are a few of my favourite dishes I cooked last month. Protein waffels with strawberries and greek joghurt. Raspberry, Pineapple, kiwi and banana smoothie, turkey with tomato mozzarella and pesto, courgette noodels with bolognese sauce. Yummy!




Maybelline Color Tattoo 24h - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

I have nothing but love for this product. I really like this creme eyeshadow line, and this color is an absolute necessity in my makeup bag. Goes on flawlessly, last all day, and aren't too sparkly for mature skin. It's waterproof, but easily comes off with makeup remover. It doesn't wear out during the day, like other eyeshadows do. I wear it everyday, and I will definitely get more. If you are new to cream eyeshadows, this one is definitely recommended.

 

You Me At Six - Cavalier Youth.

They have grown so much since their first album Take Off Your Colours. I loved every single one so far and the newest release  Cavalier Youth is propably their best one. The lyrics tell as story that makes me want to hear more of it all the time. Just listening to them puts a smile on my face. Their music makes me feel alive. Sometimes the songs thaught me everything I need to get better. Thank you for being who you are <3

 
Thank you so much for joining me for my feature. Please come back next month to check out my monthly favourites of March.


0 Kommentare