Friends Friday: Candy of Candys Bookcase

I’m very happy to welcome you on my blog! You can please introduce yourself to my readers.
 

My name is Candy Hart and I'm a book reviewer. I have my own blog. 

Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging / reviewing?

You can find my blog at : www.candysbookcase.wordpress.com. I've only been reviewing properly since May this year. But I've always loved to read.

Describe the place where you live.


I live in a small town in Northamptonshire. It seems to be miles away from anywhere, but its actually only 90 minutes on the train to London!

How has your reading genres changed as you have gotten older?

I don't think they have really. I'll still read anything genre really apart from war and graphic novels. Although I think I do slightly favour romance. I mean show me a girl that doesn't!
How old were you when you first developed your love of books?


I could read before I went to school, but I think I probably really started to love reading at around 6 or 7.

What do you think makes a realistic/believable character?

I always think that a realistic/believable character has to be one that you can relate too. Its all well and good having a really posh character with loads of money, but what's the point in that if whilst you're reading, all you're thinking is ' I want your life, and I wish I had all your money' and not actually enjoying the book.


How have kindles changed the way you read books?

I'm not actually a fan of Kindles, I do have one but only because to review these days you do need one. I much prefer a book to hold in my hand. Lets face it, there's nothing like the smell of a new book.

How do you decide what goes on to your TBR list and what order you read them?


I review books by publication date. I don't really know how I choose them, I do have some favourite authors who's books I look forward to and ask to review. But apart from that mostly it's the ones I like the look of or if I'm asked by publishers/PR companies.


How often do you buy books?

I don't really buy them very often anymore now that I review and I'm sent them. However sometimes they just seem to catch my eye in the Supermarket and somehow jump into my trolley!!

Lastly, why do you love reading so much?


I really love to read because you can escape in a book. It doesn't matter how bad your day has been, I can lose myself in a book and my bad day seems to disappear. You can go anywhere and be any one.

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions Candy. It was great to have you on my blog! Who will be next? Come and see next friday.

1 Kommentare