Friends Friday: Kevin of I heart... Chick-Lit


I’m very happy to welcome you on my blog! You can please introduce yourself to my readers. Where were you born? Raised? Schooled?

Hi, lovely readers of Dreaming With Open Eyes! I'm Kevin, I live in Malaysia with my loving family and 3 dogs. I run the blog, I Heart.. Chick Lit and I do heart chick lit, very much! I just finished Sixth Form and I am really happy with my results! Next stop: university where I plan to pursue my degree in English!


Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging / reviewing?

Here's the link of my blog: www.iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com! Come and say hello! :)
I started blogging in May 2012 (2nd blogaversary - giveaway!) and it's been such a fantastic experience for me. I get to read books, share my love for them with like-minded people and connect with lovely authors on Twitter!





Have you ever been an avid reader?

To be honest, I wasn't really much of a fan of reading when I was younger! I started reading chick lit when I was 14 - my first book was The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella and since then, my love affair with chick lit has blossomed!

If you could choose a book to live inside, which book would you choose and why?

Oh, this is a really tricky question! I think I'd have to go with the I Heart series by Lindsey Kelk! I'd love to travel around the world with Angela and it's such a thrill to explore and absorb the different cultures of each country! And of course, I think Angela wouldn't mind if Alex and I.. Ahem.

Top 5 most charming male fictional characters?

Top of the list: Luke Brandon from the Shopaholic series, followed by Alex Reid from the I Heart series! Only 3 more?! OK, wise choices, Kev. Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars, Etienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss and Levi Stewart from Fangirl!

How do you feel about author/reviewer interactions?

I LOVE it when an author takes time to reply tweets and build friendships with her/his readers. I think it's wonderful when we get to talk to them and tell them how much we enjoyed their books - which is more or less motivation to them! *winks* And I still get all smug and tell my friends that I have "author friends". *smug smile*


What book do you know that you will never read?

HORROR! Ugh. I don't like it. Whether films or books, I don't think it's for me.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest recently and why?

Definitely Hannah Beckerman! She's literally the "girl on fire" now. Her debut novel, The Dead Wife's Handbook is a contender for my Book of the Year and all eyes will be on her for her next book! No pressure... :)


If you could ask the Author 3 questions what would they be?


Dear Hannah, can you PLEASE tell me about your second book? I'm dying to know!
Dearest Hannah, when can we meet up for tea and talk about books and boys?
Darling Hannah, when are you coming to Malaysia?!


Do you have any tips for aspiring book bloggers?

Hey, there! Listen, do what you want to do and blog your heart out. Don't let anyone stop you. The book industry would really appreciate your input and the blogging community will definitely welcome you with open arms!

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions Kev. It was great to have you on my blog! Who will be next? Come and see next friday.


0 Kommentare