Author Interview with Elizabeth Player

A warm welcome to Elizabeth Player, author of The Girl Who's Never Had A Valentine. You can find my review of this here:

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?

I moved to Cornwall 7 years ago with my husband. I'd spent most of my working life teaching with the Further Education sector. As a big lover of dogs I decided to train as a Dog Groomer and that's what I do now, on a part time basis. When I'm not dog grooming I'm writing.

What inspired you to write your first book?

I'd lived in a few exotic places around the world and my first book centred around Bermuda. This book has yet to be published. Initially I called it Bella and the Bermudian, but in a later re-draft I decided to call it Frog Chorus.


How did you come up with the title?

Bermuda is a sub tropical island and famous for their little tree frogs who whistle non-stop every night - hence Frog Chorus.


Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?


In Frog Chorus I guess it's have faith and don't give up.

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?


Lead in Frog Chorus - Sandra Bullock

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

At school. It's been bubbling away for many years.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?


Yes. Getting down to the job in hand. Once at my keyboard I can be quite productive, but its actually putting myself there.

Do you have a strategy for finding reviewers?

This has been a bit of a nightmare. Once I'd been contacted by Carina UK with regard to my short story I knew that as an e-publisher I'd have to get familiar with all social media. Carina leaves authors much to their own devices for promoting. I am slowly approaching bloggers and reviewers, like yourself but probably missed out initially sending the 'widget' to NetGalley to suitable people. I'll know for the next time. Hopefully they'll be one.


What are your current projects?

At the moment I'm editing a Novella, 'Where The Holly Bush Grows' and intend to send it to Carina. This is a romantic mystery.

What do you when you’re not writing?

Dog Grooming or dog walking or just walking around this wonderful county of Cornwall, where I live. I love to read of course and watch TV. I'm trying to support my fellow Carina Authors and reading one of their books per week. I'm almost through 'Doubting Abbey' which I've loved.

Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?

Think that's all. I have two grown children. My son lives and works in Leicester in the Midlands and my daughter lives in Sydney Australia. Hopefully my husband and myself will be taking our first visit there early next year. 

Latest Release

The Girl Who's Never Had a Valentine

All Beth's ever had on Valentine's Day is unwanted junk mail and unpaid bills! But this year, when the post lands on her doormat, one item in particular catches her eye...

Could this be Beth first ever genuine Valentine's Day card?! The handwritten card might be a cheesy cliche....but who cares! The big question is - who is it from?

Unfortunately, the only possibilities racing through her head are people she sincerely hopes didn't send it, including all of her definitely-not-Mr-Perfect exes. (Oh, or the guy in Accounts with the comb-over!)

Sadly, Beth's pretty sure it's not from Luke - her dishy new neighbour with the super-glamorous model girlfriend, and dreamy eyes that have never once noticed her... Or have they?

For a girl who's never received so much as a Valentine's e-mail before, this February 14th Beth finds herself with a secret admirer...who could just turn out to be The One!



0 Kommentare