Friends Friday: Alba of Lost in Chick Lit


I’m very happy to welcome you on my blog! You can please introduce yourself to my readers.

Hello Isabell! Thanks for having me, I love your Friends Friday Feature. My name is Alba and I am from Barcelona. I am 25 and I work as an English teacher. I love baking, taking pictures and watching series but my true love are books. When I was a kid, my mum used to read me a couple of stories every night and since I learned to read I always have a book around.

 

Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging / reviewing?

I am quite new to the bloggers world. I started my blog Lost in Chick Lit (http://addictivechicklit.blogspot.com.es) a couple of months ago.

What’s the best and worst thing about being a book reviewer?

The best thing is definitely all the wonderful people (book bloggers, authors, readers...) you meet. Everyone is very welcoming and thanks to all of them I am discovering a lot of great books! So many that I never had such a long TBR list! Crazy!


The worst is... I don't know, I still haven't found something really bad. I guess that rude review requests or authors who completely ignore your wonderful review make you feel a bit sad but so far I have been quite lucky.



Do you judge a book by it’s cover?


Yep. I mean, who doesn't a bit? I love a good cover. It is an important factor to make me want a book. Actually I started reading chick lit after falling in love with the cover of Can You Keep a Secret in a book store. So thanks covers! ;)

Which book character would you switch places with?


This one is a difficult one, I cannot complain about my love life because my boyfriend and I have been together for almost eight years and I could not love him more but since I read I Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk I have always wanted to do something like Angela, leave everything behind and start a new life in NY. Also, in a more fantastic context I would love to live an adventure so I would not mind being Frodo or Harry Potter for a while (but not too long, I could no bear the tension).

Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?

I liked a lot the movie of Angels and Demons, but because I love Tom Hanks. I couldn't imagine a better Robert Langdom. Also, I have a crush on Ewan McGregor so perfect casting.

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

I have always prefered paperbarcks because they feel more intimate to me and you can carry them everywhere without dying of exhaustion but I have to admit that since my boyfriend surprised me with a Kindle last year (after repeating a thousand times that I didn't want one because I loved books as books) I fell in love with it. It's so confy and handy that lately I feel like I only read ebooks.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

I could go to the obvious answer here: as a potterhead I would love to meet J.K. Rowling. I would ask her a million questions. I would also love to meet Sophie Kinsella to thank her for all the good moments I have lived through her novels.

Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

I love giving books that I love to the people I think could love it too. My sister is the one who has got more books from me. She is fifteen and for a while I was so angry with her because she refused to read Harry Potter that I forbade her to take any of my books. After a while, I got over it and I started giving books to her again. I am not sure though if I have forgiven her for not reading HP but I will keep trying to convince her!

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions Alba. It was great to have you on my blog! Who will be next? Come and see next friday.



1 Kommentare

  1. Two of my favorite blog-babes! ;-) Really enjoyed this post, ladies ;) xx Mary

    ReplyDelete