Friends Friday: Clare of A Book and Tea



I’m very happy to welcome you on my blog! You can please introduce yourself to my readers.

Hello everyone! I’m Clare, a twenty-something female that loves to read, drink Tea and live in her imagination.


Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging / reviewing?

You can find my blog at http://abookandtea.wordpress.com. I have only been blogging and reviewing since September of 2013, so I’m relatively new to the scene.


Why did you start blogging?

I’ve always enjoyed reading and thought I may as well share the love and to make new friends with similar interests.



What’s the best and worst thing about being a book reviewer?

The best thing about being a book reviewer is being given the opportunity to read and review books that you would never imagine reading before. I didn’t ever expect to receive books and never did I imagine I’d get them for free! As much as I love reviewing I did find it awfully hard to make the time. I work on a computer for my job and sometimes when I come home I don’t fancy jumping back on another to type a review. However, I think you’ve got to make sacrifices sometimes and I’m getting better.


Last page: read it first or wait till the end?

I ‘m always tempted to go to the last page, but then I think that spoils what you’re about to read. Usually, the last page gives away everything that’s happened and there would be no reason to read the book otherwise. I know someone that gets a book, reads the last page and then stops. I couldn’t do that.

Do you judge a book by its cover?

I’d like to think I don’t, but we have all done it, haven’t we? I tend to judge a book by the blurb and also, who the author is. Since reviewing books I have noticed that even if I think the cover is not the best, the book has turned out to be fantastic.


Which book character would you switch places with?

Oh, this is a tough one! I’d have to say Katniss from The Hunger Games Trilogy. She’s strong, powerful and never gives up. Although, I don’t think I’d actually like to be placed into the arena, though!

Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?


No, never! Unfortunately, I’m one of those people that has watched about 5 films in my lifetime and somewhat dislikes when they make books into movies. Although, I have to admit that The Hunger Games and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire have been good representations, but again the books are better! Plus, Harry Potter of course – the books are TEN TIMES BETTER than the films.


What is your current read, your last read and the book you'll read next?

My current is ‘The Heartbeat’ Boxset by Faith Sullivan, the last book I read was ‘The Traveller’ by Garrett Addison and my next will be ‘Let’s Call the Whole Thing Off’ by Jill Steeples.

Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks or hardcover?

I prefer to read paperbacks and hardcover novels, but I do have a Kindle so e-books are not too bad. They both have their pro’s and con’s.


Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?


Cecelia Ahern hands down! She is my favourite author of all time. I love her novels because of just how emotional they are; they really hit your heart in all the right places.


Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

I have only given my Nan (Grandmother) novels because she understands the importance of why I love to read. She is the only person in my immediate family that you can have a detailed conversation about books with.

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my questions Clare. It was great to have you on my blog! Who will be next? Come and see next friday.

0 Kommentare