Friends Friday: Maryline of M's bookshelf


Blogger Interview – Maryline of M's bookshelf ’

I’m very happy to welcome you on my blog! You can please introduce yourself to my readers.

Thank you so much for having me on your blog. This is a lovely idea and I'm very happy I can be a part of this! My name is Maryline ("Marilyn" in English), a book blogger from Belgium. My book blog is called M's Bookshelf. I'm a history student at Ghent University, a potterhead, vegetarian, tea-addict and cat lover.

Where do we find your blog and how long have you been blogging / reviewing?

You can find M's Bookshelf here: mssbookshelf.blogspot.be. I started reviewing books on my blog in June last year. I've always been an avid reader, but I hadn't reviewed since I was a kid (Childrens' Book Jury.. or something like that, translated).
 

Why did you start blogging?

I started spending more time on Twitter and found someone named Victoria, and apparently we shared the same love: books. I loved her blog (http://victorialovesbooks.wordpress.com) and I realized book blogging was something I would love doing. So thank you, Victoria ;-) I did second guess the idea a lot and came very close to shutting the blog down a few times: who would want to read my reviews... and, would I be able to write them in English without making a fool of myself? Luckily I kept the blog (thank you to my lovely boyfriend for supporting me) and I gained confidence (thanks to all those lovely Twitter peeps). 


What’s the best and worst thing about being a book reviewer?

The worst thing.. mm.. I read more. Which is, of course, a good thing, but I have more books than space to put them.. and I might be a bit too comfortable curled up on the sofa instead of socializing. I haven't had too many bad experiences with authors, but receiving impersonal, even rude review requests are never fun.

The best thing has to be all the wonderful people I got to meet through blogging (thank you Twitter). My fellow book bloggers, authors,... you've all been amazing to me and I love you all ;-)

Last page: read it first or wait till the end?

Definitely wait till the end. Definitely!

Do you judge a book by it’s cover?

The answer should be "no", but yes, I do.. I guess we all do, right? Not that the blurb or reviews from others can't change my mind, but first impression is always important! Thanks to my blog I have tried out some new things though, so that's another plus!
Which book character would you switch places with?

I'm going to go with Hermione Granger. I would LOVE to be a part of that magical world, go to Hogwarts,... Plus Hermione is a smart, confident, kind person and what's better than to fall in love with your best friend? (... or one of them)
Have you ever seen a movie you liked better than the book?  

I have to say 'Bridget Jones'. I loved the movie and was a bit disappointed when I finally picked up the book.

What is your current read, your last read and the book you'll read next?

I just finished reading 'February or Forever' by Juliet Madison; my next read will be 'Hopelessly Devoted' to Holden Finn by Tilly Tennant!

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

My eReader was probably my best purchase of 2013, but nothing beats a paperback/hardcover. I think I prefer paperbacks to hardcovers, but maybe that's just always the easy choice 'cause it's a bit cheaper ;-) 

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

J.K Rowling. I would LOVE to meet her!

Have you ever given away a book for a special reason to a special person?

I don't think I've ever given away one of my own copies, but I have bought books that were special to me as a gift to others. For Xmas I gave Ana (ThisChickReads) a copy of Kate Morton. I absolutely loved that book and I wanted to give her something special. She is an amazing friend!

Thank you so much for taking time to answer my question Maryline. It was great to have you on my blog! Who will be next? Come and see next friday. 

1 Kommentare

  1. Thanks for having me hun.!! Loved being a part of this! xxx

    ReplyDelete